New Collection of Ukulele Kits Previews HCLS’ Do It Yourself Education Curriculum
- Howard County Library System introduced its first DIY education curriculum component on July 1, 2017. READ ABOUT IT HERE!
One-on-one Ukulele Overview Session
Click here to request a one-on-one session
Ukulele kits are now available to borrow at all HCLS branches. Kits include an ukulele, tuner, and case.
- Anyone over the age of 13 may borrow the ukuleles for a three week period.
- Kits may be reserved and renewed up to two times.
- Online lessons are available via ArtistWorks, a product that features Grammy award-winning musicians.
- Ukulele specific classes will begin at branches in the fall.
- LEARN MORE about ukuleles with these recommended titles
An extensive DIY education collection will become available to customers when the new Elkridge Branch and DIY Education System opens in early 2018. The collection will include tools for household repair, gardening, bike repair, etc. Classes relative to DIY activities will also be available and a hands-on, mess-friendly classroom/work space are planned for the site.
Upcoming Ukulele Classes
There are 1 upcoming classes.
Andy & Judy: Musical DuoDate: 08/12/2020
Time: 3:00pm - 4:00pm
Branch: Online Branch
Program type: Art & Music
Andy and Judy play guitar, mandolin, banjo, ukulele, and other instruments. They perform original songs in a traditional and folk manner. Other influences include country, blues, gospel, and blue grass. Research shows that listening to music reduces anxiety, blood pressure, and pain, as well as improving sleep quality, mood and memory.
Presented by Worcester County Library.
*Please note that registration closes 3 hours before the event begins. If you have technical difficulties with Zoom you can call in from the Germantown number, the first phone number listed on the Zoom link you will be sent. You will not see the performance but you can hear it.