HCLS Do It Yourself Education Curriculum Premieres July 1 With Showcase for New Collection of Ukulele Kits.
Howard County Library System introduced its first DIY education curriculum component on July 1, 2017. Ukulele kits are now available to borrow at Central, Glenwood, Miller and Savage branches. Kits include an ukulele, tuner, and case.
- Anyone over the age of 13 may borrow the ukuleles for a three week period.
- Kits may be reserved and renewed up to two times.
- Online lessons are available via ArtistWorks, a product that features Grammy award-winning musicians.
- Ukulele specific classes will begin at branches in the fall.
- LEARN MORE about ukuleles with these recommended titles
An extensive DIY education collection will become available to customers when the new Elkridge Branch and DIY Education System opens in early 2018. The collection will include tools for household repair, gardening, bike repair, etc. Classes relative to DIY activities will also be available and a hands-on, mess-friendly classroom/work space are planned for the site.