Beginning May 15, 2017, students are invited to use their artistic and creative thinking skills to design a new Howard County Library Card.
All children in grades K-12 who live of attend school in Howard County may enter. One winning design in each of the five age categories will be chosen for printing on new HCLS library cards scheduled for distribution beginning in fall 2017.
- Entries will be judged on originality, design, and reproducibility. All entries must be clear and reproducible.
- Original student art only- no tracing or use of copyrighted images.
- No computer generated art. No adult conrtibutions.
- Keep important design details away from the edges of the designated image area on the entry form
- Do not sign or initial your entry
- If you include words, check for correct spelling and that writing is clear and fits the space well. Keep taxt away from the image area border
- When using marking pens, avoid fluorescent or neon colors. For crayons and colored pencils, make sure the colors are filled in and solid.
- Use this ENTRY FORM or pick up a form at any HCLS branch location.
- ONE ENTRY PER PERSON
- Return your design to any Howard County Library System branch by Saturday, July 15, 2017.
- Kindergarten & Grade 1
- Grades 2 &3
- Grades 4 & 5
- Grades 6 – 8
- Grades 9 -12
Winning entries become the property of Howard County Library System