How to make a request in Marina
Login and Search:
- Enter your entire Howard County Library System card number, without spaces.
- Click on Login
- Type title, author or subject into search box
- Click Search
- You can limit results by author, subject or library using navigation down the left hand side.
- Or sort results using the drop down box (sort by relevance, title, newest, oldest) – upper right hand corner.
- Click on the Title to view availability and to place request.
- Select a pickup location from the pull down menu (if item is owned by HCLS, instead you'll be presented with a link to our catalog where you can place the request locally)
- Click on Request
- You will be given a request number. Also if you have an email address associated with your library account with HCLS, you will receive an email confirming your request number.
- If no results are found, you may click on Request Loan to fill out the form. This form will then go to our Interlibrary Loan department who will search for it outside of the Marina system.
Click on Back to search results to search for another title and place a new request.