May 16 – July 16, 2016
Unleash your creativity with HCLS’ bookmark contest. The contest is open to all students in grades Kindergarten through 12th grade who live or attend school in Howard County. Children who attend home school or who attend a school without grade levels should enter the comparable grade level. Bookmarks judged on originality, design, and reproducibility. Winning bookmarks become the property of Howard County Library System. They will be printed and distributed as HCLS bookmarks, used in other Library related materials, and posted on the HCLS web site.
The 2016 contest runs through July 16.
Entry forms and details available here (below) and at all Howard County Library System branches.
- Original student art only – no tracing or use of copyrighted images. No computer generated art. No adult contributions.
- Children who attend home school or who attend a school without grade levels should enter the comparable grade level.
- All entries must be clear and reproducible.
- If you include words, check for correct spelling and that writing is clear and fits the space well.
- When using marking pens, avoid fluorescent or neon colors.
- For crayons and colored pencils, make sure the colors are filled in and solid. Sketching does not reproduce well.
- No computer generated art.
- Use this entry form or an exact photocopy of the same size.
- Do not enlarge or reduce the size.
- Keep important design details away from the line around the box.
Entries must be received by Saturday, July 16, 2016 at any HCLS branch.
Sponsored by Friends of Howard County Library System.