Welcome to Howard County Library System’s raffle prize website for the 2013 Teen Summer Reading Club raffle. Here, you can take a look at some of the raffle prizes that will be available in our prize raffle. Prizes will be added throughout the month of June.
All of our Raffle Prizes will be listed here between Wednesday July 10 and Saturday August 10 so that you may decide which prizes you would like to assign your raffle tickets. Check back then for a complete list of the prizes and packages that will be available.
To exchange book bucks for raffle tickets: Make sure you’ve earned 100 book bucks. Beginning July 10 visit the research desk at the library, and let library instructors know that you would like to exchange your book bucks for raffle tickets. We’ll look up your book-buck balance, and make the exchange for you. Raffle tickets cost 20 book bucks each.
While you’re at the desk, complete the raffle ticket stubs with your name, contact details, and the number of the prize pack that you want your ticket assigned to for a change to win. Turn the stubs back in to library instructors before you leave the desk to be entered in the raffle.
You can navigate the raffle website three ways:
- Browse the entries by scrolling down the page and using the “previous entry” link to move to earlier pages.
- We’ll put category links in the top left of the page to make it easy for you to review prizes listed in particular categories.
- Use the search box to find prizes that include your favorite keywords. Did you see a prize last week that you want to look at again? Search for it.
Remember, our goal is to keep you reading this summer. Your goal is to earn book bucks! Earn “book bucks” for time you spend reading. Collect prizes for reaching goals of 50 and 100 book bucks. When you earn at least 100 book bucks, you are eligible to participate in the Readers Raffle.
Sign up online or at any branch beginning June 1st. We’ll give you all of the materials you need to get started: a reading log, a review card, a user name and password to submit book reviews online, plus your first five book bucks.
- The first day to exchange book bucks for raffle tickets and assign those tickets to prizes is July 10.
- The last day to earn book bucks and enter the raffle is August 10.
- Raffle winners will be contacted beginning August 19.
Do you have questions? Leave us a comment or talk to a member of staff at your nearest library branch.
Sponsored by Friends of Howard County Library.