Here, you may take a look at some of the items that will be available in our prize raffle. Check back on July 1 for a complete list of the prizes and packages.
1 raffle ticket is earned for:
- Enrolling in Spark A Reaction
- Reading for an hour (Maximum of six hours (360 min) a day)
- Attending any HCLS teen class or event
- Illustrating a book jacket cover (Maximum three jacket covers)
- Completing a survey (Maximum five surveys)
All of our Raffle Prizes will be listed here between July 1 and August 16. You may either assign all your tickets to a single prize or assign each ticket to a different prize.
To redeem your raffle tickets: Beginning July 1 visit HCLS, and go to the research desk to let library instructors know that you would like to redeem your raffle tickets. We’ll look up your raffle ticket balance.
While you’re at the desk, complete the raffle tickets with your name, contact details, and the raffle item number of the prize pack that you want to assign your ticket to for a chance to win. Turn the raffle ticket back in to library instructors before you leave the desk to be entered in the raffle.
You can navigate the raffle website three ways:
- Browse the entries by scrolling down the page and using the “previous entry” link to move to earlier pages.
- We will put category links in the top left of the page to make it easy for you to review prizes listed in particular categories.
- Use the search box to find prizes that include your favorite keywords. Did you see a prize last week that you want to look at again? Search for it.
Remember, our goal is to keep you reading this summer. Your goal is to earn raffle tickets! Earn raffle tickets for time you spend reading. Collect prizes for reaching goals of 10, 15, and 20 raffle tickets earned. Everyone who registers for Summer Reading is eligible to participate in the Teen Readers Raffle.
Sign up online or at any branch beginning May 19th. We will give you all the materials you need to get started: a reading log, club instructions, plus earn your first raffle ticket.
- The first day to collect the tickets you have earned and to assign raffle tickets to prizes is July 1.
- The last day to earn raffle tickets and enter the raffle is August 16.
- Raffle winners will be contacted between Monday, August 25 and Friday, August 29.
Do you have questions? Leave us a comment or talk to a member of staff at your nearest library branch.
Sponsored by Friends of Howard County Library.
Every effort is made to state terms or restrictions on raffle prizes. Read the descriptions carefully before you assign your tickets. While HCLS appreciates the generosity of all the businesses who donate prizes the the Summer Reading Club, we cannot guarantee their ongoing operation or the availability of certain products or services. Please make every effort to enjoy your prize in a timely manner. Lost prizes cannot be replaced.