- Maryland Resources for Business Growth
- Maryland Small Business Development Center – This network can provide sound advice, consulting and support to entrepreneurs and small businesses across the state.
- Maryland Small Business Reserve (SBR) Program – Provides small businesses with the opportunity to participate as prime contractors on state contracts by establishing a marketplace where small businesses compete against similar businesses instead of larger, more established companies.
- Purchasing and Procurement – Howard County
- Maryland Procurement
- Gale LegalForms – Maryland-specific legal forms for routine situations like name changes, power of attorney, lease agreements, and business transactions. Also includes definitions of common legal terms, legal Q&As, sample letters, and a law digest.
- Gale Courses – 6-week online classes. 250+ topics include Computer Skills, Marketing Your Business on the Internet, Using Social Media in Business, Quickbooks, Employment Law Fundamentals, and much more.
- lynda.com – Video tutorials and courses on business, software, technology, and creative skills. Watch single videos, or follow Learning Paths that group job-specific skills and offer certifications of achievement – sample paths include craft business owner, UX designer, and bookkeeper.
- Veteran-owned businesses – Funding, training, and contracting for veteran-owned businesses
- US Department of Veteran Affairs – Veteran entrepreneur portal
- Office of Veterans Business Development
- StreetShares – Veteran-run financial solutions provider that caters specifically to veteran business owners and their communities.
- Hivers & Strivers – Angel Investment Group focusing on early stage investments to support start-up companies founded and run by graduates of the U.S. Military Academies.
- EBO & Veteran Business Applications, Renewals, and Search
- Maryland Veteran’s Services Map – Locate services and benefits for Veterans.
- Local, State, and Federal EBO Resources
- Business Women’s Network of Howard County
- Governor’s Office of Small, Minority & Women Business Affairs
- MBDA Business Centers – Minority-owned firms seeking to penetrate new markets – domestic & global – and growing in size and scale, can access business experts at a MBDA Business Center.
- MDOT: Office of Minority Business Enterprise
- Small Business Resource Center
- eMaryland Marketplace Advantage – Online procurement platform that connects the vendor community with contracting opportunities from state, county, and local government entities. Qualified vendors may also complete the self-certification process for the Small Business Reserve (SBR) Program and Veteran-owned Small Business Enterprise (VSBE) Program.
- Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization
- Find a site or building – lists properties that can typically accommodate a single user needing 20,000 square feet or more of industrial or office space.
- SCORE – nonprofit association that matches business management counselor volunteers with small business owners in need of their expert advice.
- SBA – offers businesses support through events, loan programs, educational resources and more.
- SBDC (Small Business Development Center Network) – provides Maryland entrepreneurs and small to mid-size businesses with advice, counseling and support.
- Howard County Economic Development Authority – contact HCEDA for specific details about topics such as site selection, financing and workforce development.