Volunteers play an integral role at Howard County Library System (HCLS) by providing valuable assistance to HCLS staff and customers. Our goal is to place volunteers in meaningful areas that will provide a satisfying experience while contributing to the high-quality public education HCLS delivers to everyone in the community.
The benefits of volunteering include:
- Learning new skills.
- Gaining valid work experience.
- Staying current with HCLS’ curriculum, including its collection of materials, research assistance, and classes and events.
- Meeting new people.
- Contributing your talents to your community for the advancement of education for all, improving the economy and quality of life.
- Receiving waiver of HCLS fines after six months or 200 hours of service, for the duration of your volunteer commitment.
- Becoming part of an award-winning library system.