“The best part of volunteering at Howard County Library System is knowing that I am contributing to the community and doing it in a welcoming place.” Ginger; a volunteer for one year.
Thank you for taking the first step to becoming part of the awarding-winning Howard County Library System (HCLS) team! HCLS ranks among the best library systems in the country thanks to a team of talented, dedicated people that includes outstanding volunteers. Please read the following before completing the online application.
Is volunteering at HCLS for you?
- To be a volunteer, applicants are asked for a six-month commitment. Volunteers should be available at least two hours per week.
- Most volunteer assignments require some physical ability: pushing, pulling, bending, stretching, kneeling, and/or squatting. Some heavy lifting (up to 30 lbs) and standing are required for most positions.
- Before filling out an application, carefully review the requirements and qualifications for each assignment choice. Choose the position that best meets your needs.
- Volunteering at HCLS requires that you interact with customers and staff members in a respectful and civil manner. You are expected to perform the job courteously, pleasantly, and efficiently.
- Abide by HCLS policies and procedures.
- Record your volunteer hours on the volunteer attendance sheet.
- Wear a volunteer name badge.
Please answer the following questions:
- Can I commit to volunteering once a week for six months?
- Can I be dependable and professional while representing HCLS?
If you can answer yes to these questions, volunteering at Howard County Library System is for you!