Tech Stop Crew Responsibilities:
The student volunteer will help customers with questions about everyday technology. They would provide guidance with email, social media, online searches, the use of smart devices, functionality of different Apps and other technology questions.
Must attend a 1 1⁄2 hour training session. The training sessions will be scheduled as follows:
- May 15 (Mon) from 6 – 7:30 pm @ the Savage branch
- May 19 (Fri) from 10 – 11:30 am @ the Savage branch
- May 19 (Fri) from 3:30 – 5 pm @ the Central branch
- May 25 (Thu) from 6 – 7:30 pm @ the Central branch
Selected volunteers may attend any one of these sessions.
Qualifications and skills:
- Must be in / entering High School and be at least 14 years old on May 1, 2017.
- Possess a friendly and patient disposition.
- Follow the guidelines and policies of the library.
- Be able to provide a teacher recommendation.
- Be comfortable answering technology related questions.
- Anyone under 18 must have parental permission.
- Communication and listening skills – willingness to ask questions if tasks are unclear.
- Ability to follow instructions, work independently.
Length of Commitment:
Volunteers must commit to at least 6 hours of
volunteer work (3 sessions) during the summer vacation. Each session is 2 hours long. The Tech stop will run for ten weeks from June 19 – August 26.
Tech Stop Crew Applications will be accepted online starting from April 7. The Tech Stop will only be at our Central Branch and Savage Branch locations.
At the Savage branch, the Tech stop hours will be Saturdays from 11 – 1 am.
At the Central branch, the Tech Stop hours will be Mondays and Thursdays from 11 am – 2 pm.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering. We are no longer accepting applications at this time as all positions have been filled.