Beginning October 19, 2009, we released copies of Midnighters 1: The Secret Hour by Scott Westerfeld into the community, where the books are being read, registered, and passed on to other readers. Our partner media specialists have a vital link for us in getting these books into the hands of Howard County students. You can check out all the details of Pass the Book by keeping up with our weekly By the Numbers reports. Here are some highlights:
- More than 100 different copies of the book have been registered since October 19.
- Pass the Book copies of the Secret Hour are now in eight states.
- Many copies of the book are now in the hands of a second, third, or fourth reader.
- Books have been passed to Torrance and Laguna Beach in California.
- Scott Westerfeld blogged about Pass the Book on his website.
- We have exchanged books with our colleagues at Indiana Marion County Public Library, where they are passing books by John Green.
If you’d like to take part in Pass the Book, ask your media specialist whether they have copies of the book for distribution in the media center, or contact your library liaison to inquire about remaining copies, which are moving fast and far.