We want to hear from you!
Thank you to all who participated in our facilitated conversations at each branch. We’ve heard a lot about what matters most in your lives and what hopes you have for your community. As we seek to align the Library’s mission, vision, and services with the priorities and aspirations of Howard County residents, we will continue to engage with the community as part of our strategic planning process.
If you were unable to participate in one of the Community Conversations, please take this online survey.
Strategic Plan 2020-2022 Timeline
- September 2019: Process kicks off with The Longest Table
- October – December 2019: Community Conversations at HCLS branches and with community associations
- Dec 2019: Identify internal collective assets
- January 2020: Workshop with Paul Schmitz for community leaders (by invitation). Click here for PDF of his presentation.
- January – February 2020: Online survey for community members
- January – March 2020: Analysis of community conversations and online survey data
- February 2020: Internal strengths finder
- March 2020: Identify strategic objectives | Review mission and vision statements
- March – June 2020: Internal planning conversations | Design organizational operations and infrastructure
- May 2020: Initial draft due for internal review
- June 2020: Final draft presented to HCLS Board of Trustees for review and adoption
- July 2020: New strategic plan released to the public