County and State Resources
- The Relief Program Eligibility Wizard is an online tool developed by the Howard County Chamber of Commerce, the Howard County Economic Development Authority, and industry partners, business leaders, and statewide organizations. It provides an updated one-stop destination for businesses as they seek to navigate the myriad of financial relief programs. Visit https://www.reliefwizard.net/
- The Howard County Economic Development Authority (EDA) provides various resources and has staff businesses can call for support, see the EDA’s Covid-19 page.
- The State of Maryland has resources available to support businesses during COVID-19.
- Visit https://govstatus.egov.com/md-coronavirus-business to see the latest updates & information, business-related resources, and financial assistance available.
- Visit https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/business-resources to see the latest guidance for businesses and employers from the Department of Health.
- Additional state and federal resources for Maryland businesses and consumers can be found at https://www.dllr.state.md.us/finance/consumers/frresourcescovid.shtml
- To read Governor Hogan’s ‘Roadmap to Recovery’ plan, visit https://governor.maryland.gov/recovery/
- The State of Maryland has developed a website to provide best practices for Maryland’s companies reopening in correlation with the COVID-19 outbreak. https://open.maryland.gov/backtobusiness/
- The Maryland Small Business Development Center has a COVID-19 Assistance Center with links to various resources aimed at assisting small businesses. https://www.marylandsbdc.org/covid-19-assistance
- Contact your local bank to ask about any resources they have available to help your business.
Federal Government and Commercial Resources
- The U.S. Small Business Administration has various resources available to employers specifically aimed to lessen the economic disruption and impact of COVID-19: https://www.sba.gov/page/coronavirus-covid-19-small-business-guidance-loan-resources
- Employers subject to the paid leave requirements are entitled to fully refundable tax credits to cover the cost of the leave required to be paid for these periods of time during which employees are unable to work. Certain self-employed persons in similar circumstances are entitled to similar credits. The IRS offers guidance on these tax credits, visit FAQs on COVID-19-Related Tax Credits for Required Paid Leave Provided by Small and Midsize Businesses.
- The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has information on keeping employees safe and specific guidance for certain workers. Visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/organizations/businesses-employers.html
- Facebook provides tips, training, and more to help you stay open and connected to customers during COVID-19. https://www.facebook.com/business/boost/resource
- Association of Community Services has information and resources specifically aimed for non-profits during COVID-19. Visit https://www.acshoco.org/covid-19-advisory/
- The Maryland Philanthropy Network has numerous resources for grantmakers, small businesses, and non-profits. Visit https://www.marylandphilanthropy.org/covid-19-outbreak-resources
- HoCoRespond.com: Apply for funds from this local philanthropic effort at its website. HoCoRespond is focusing on assisting with food security, housing, childcare and healthcare and on communities disproportionately affected by the pandemic.
- During the coronavirus pandemic, Foundation Center and its parent company Candid have generously provided temporary at-home access to Foundation Directory Online. Library customers can search for information on funders and grants for organizations by going here, clicking on the Grant Application Research header, and using their barcode and PIN to sign into Foundation Directory Online.
Unemployment Insurance Information through the Maryland Department of Labor
- If you are an employer in the state of Maryland and have questions about Unemployment Insurance or Unemployment Insurance Contributions, go to http://www.labor.maryland.gov/employment/uitax.shtml
- For questions and information specifically regarding COVID-19 and Unemployment Insurance, http://www.labor.maryland.gov/employment/uicovidfaqs.shtml
- For questions, customers are encouraged to email [email protected] for a timely response, or call 410-767-2412.
Email [email protected] with corrections/additions. For assistance in English and Spanish, call 410-313-5088.