- Donate to HoCoRespond, an effort to rapidly raise and deploy critical resources to nonprofits on the frontlines of responding to urgent health and economic needs. Supported by The Community Foundation of Howard County, Horizon Foundation, United Way of Central Maryland and Women’s Giving Circle of Howard County.
- Donate directly to local nonprofits. Find an organization to support on the Association of Community Services’ member directory today.
Please note: because of the additional challenges of receiving and cleaning goods presented by Covid-19, some nonprofits may prefer financial support.
- HoCo Donation Collection is a tool from Howard County Government which lists and maps locations for Howard County residents to drop-off product donations needed during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Support Local Businesses
- Shop local when you can! Find local businesses to support through the Howard County Chamber of Commerce’s Business Directory.
- HoCo Food Go, from Howard County Government lists and maps different delivery and carryout options for Howard County restaurants.
- HoCo Farm Connect from Howard County Government lists and maps Howard County farms that are selling produce, dairy, meat and more directly to residents.
Howard County Library System urges anyone seeking volunteer opportunities to do so safely. See guidance on how to do so here.
- Howard County Mask Makers
- Maryland Unites: this state website provides ideas for Marylanders who want to volunteer.
- Maryland Responds is the online registration system for medical and public health volunteers (no medical training needed) for the State of Maryland. Register here.
- United Way of Central Maryland remote volunteering ideas
- The Volunteer Center Serving Howard County has opportunities with local nonprofits, like Neighbor Ride, Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland and others. Note: Center staff have been furloughed, postings are monitored as staffing permits. Confirming a listing with the sponsor organization before taking action is advisable.
- Volunteer Match provides additional listings and ideas.
- Howard County Community Organizations Active in Disaster (COAD) helps local organizations to get involved in disaster response in an efficient and timely manner. See site for information on participating.
- United Way of Central Maryland is working to connect businesses and volunteers with specific in-kind abilities and resources with local organizations and efforts. Scroll down to form here.
Email [email protected] with corrections/additions. For assistance, call 410-313-7750.