an HCLS educational teen initiative
After taking over the HiJinx Podcast for their trial run, the HoCoCast teen team, Baz, Daniel, Emmy, and Olivia, return to focus on important happenings through the ages. Joining them in this episode is local Howard High School student, Addie Skillman. Addie won first place at the 2019 National History Day competition for her Junior Individual Performance about the landmark Supreme Court case Loving v. Virginia. This episode also features an interview with Orlando Goncalves and Alfred Striano (both former Oakland Mills High School students) and winners of the Horizon Foundation’s 2019 Changemaker Challenge. The episode concludes with the HoCoCast team sharing their favorite history and historical fiction book recommendations.
- Watch Addie Skillman’s winning NHD performance
- Maryland Humanities National History Day Resources
- HoCoCast Historical Fiction Book Recommendations
- Civil War Blunders, by Clint Johnson
- Max, by Sarah Cohen-Scali
- Horizon Foundation’s Changemaker Challenge 2019 Winners