Howard County Library System’s (HCLS) curriculum includes a collection of large print books, audio books, captioned DVDs, and American Sign Language videos. We also provide sign language interpreters for our classes and events.
- Large print books for adults and children
- Braille books for adults and children
- Close-captioned DVDs
- Sign Language (Instructional) DVDs
- American Sign Language (ASL) videos
- Adapted toys
Provided by Howard County Library System
- Signing Interpreters: Interpreters are available upon request for any HCLS class or event. Please make arrangements at least one week prior.
- TTY Research Assistance Service: Call local branches with research needs and material requests.
Provided by the State of Maryland – Maryland Technology Assistance Program (MDTAP)
- For Visually Impaired
National Library Service talking books (NLS)
Maryland State Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
Radio Reading Network of Maryland
Metropolitan Washington Ear
- Hearing Impaired
Maryland Relay (711)
Voice Carry-Over (VCO)
Hearing Carry-Over (HCO)
Speech to Speech (S-t-S)
Maryland Accessible Telecommunications (MAT)
MD State Law Library
QUESTIONS?: Please feel free to contact Cari Gast