- Maryland Resources for Business Growth
- Maryland Small Business Development Center – This network can provide sound advice, consulting and support to entrepreneurs and small businesses across the state.
- Maryland Small Business Reserve (SBR) Program – Provides small businesses with the opportunity to participate as prime contractors on state contracts by establishing a marketplace where small businesses compete against similar businesses instead of larger, more established companies.
- Purchasing and Procurement – Howard County
- Maryland Procurement
- Gale LegalForms – Maryland-specific legal forms for routine situations like name changes, power of attorney, lease agreements, and business transactions. Also includes definitions of common legal terms, legal Q&As, sample letters, and a law digest.
- Gale Courses – 6-week online classes. 250+ topics include Computer Skills, Marketing Your Business on the Internet, Using Social Media in Business, Quickbooks, Employment Law Fundamentals, and much more.
- LinkedIn Learning for Library [formerly lynda.com] – More than 16,000 on-demand streaming video classes taught by real-world experts on technical skills, creative techniques, and business strategies. Free mobile app available. When asked to enter library ID, please type hcls (all lowercase letters). You will then be prompted to enter your library card number and PIN.
- Veteran-owned businesses – Funding, training, and contracting for veteran-owned businesses
- US Department of Veteran Affairs – Veteran entrepreneur portal
- Office of Veterans Business Development
- StreetShares – Veteran-run financial solutions provider that caters specifically to veteran business owners and their communities.
- Hivers & Strivers – Angel Investment Group focusing on early stage investments to support start-up companies founded and run by graduates of the U.S. Military Academies.
- EBO & Veteran Business Applications, Renewals, and Search
- Maryland Veteran’s Services Map – Locate services and benefits for Veterans.
- Local, State, and Federal EBO Resources
- Business Women’s Network of Howard County
- Governor’s Office of Small, Minority & Women Business Affairs
- MBDA Business Centers – Minority-owned firms seeking to penetrate new markets – domestic & global – and growing in size and scale, can access business experts at a MBDA Business Center.
- MDOT: Office of Minority Business Enterprise
- Small Business Resource Center
- eMaryland Marketplace Advantage – Online procurement platform that connects the vendor community with contracting opportunities from state, county, and local government entities. Qualified vendors may also complete the self-certification process for the Small Business Reserve (SBR) Program and Veteran-owned Small Business Enterprise (VSBE) Program.
- Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization
- Find a site or building – lists properties that can typically accommodate a single user needing 20,000 square feet or more of industrial or office space.
- SCORE – nonprofit association that matches business management counselor volunteers with small business owners in need of their expert advice.
- SBA – offers businesses support through events, loan programs, educational resources and more.
- SBDC (Small Business Development Center Network) – provides Maryland entrepreneurs and small to mid-size businesses with advice, counseling and support.
- Howard County Economic Development Authority – contact HCEDA for specific details about topics such as site selection, financing and workforce development.