Before filling out a volunteer application, please carefully review each assignment to determine your area of interest.
- Adopt a Shelf: Volunteers keep materials in order and shelves neat. Volunteers adopt a subject area that is of personal interest and maintain its order, accessibility, and appearance. Ages 14 yrs old and up.
- Maker Space Volunteer: Welcome customers to this new space and encourage them to explore the various elements of the Maker Space at the Glenwood Branch.
- Spanish Language Translator/Customer Liaison : Bilingual (Spanish/English) speakers are needed to assist Spanish speaking customers with library services at the Elkridge Branch.
- Tech Help Desk: Help to bridge the digital divide by assisting library customers with their technology questions. Must be over 18.
- HCLS Project Literacy Tutor: Provide adult basic education tutoring on a one-to-one basis. Must be over 18. Select the link to learn about how to become a Project Literacy volunteer.
- Summer Reading Club Volunteer: Encourage and support children as they participate in the Summer Reading Game. Applications accepted March 2022. Look for more details to come.
This page will be periodically updated with new or different volunteer opportunities. Please check back!