Tech Stop Crew Responsibilities:
The student volunteer will help customers with questions about everyday technology. They would provide guidance with email, social media, online searches, the use of smart devices, functionality of different Apps and other technology questions.
Volunteers will be required to view online training videos that explore values and behaviors to promote collaborative learning.
Qualifications and skills:
- Must be in / entering High School and be at least 14 years old on May 1, 2018.
- Possess a friendly and patient disposition.
- Follow the guidelines and policies of the library.
- Be able to provide a teacher recommendation.
- Be comfortable answering technology related questions.
- Anyone under 18 must have parental permission.
- Communication and listening skills – willingness to ask questions if tasks are unclear.
- Ability to follow instructions, work independently.
Length of Commitment:
Volunteers must commit to at least 6 hours of
volunteer work (3 sessions) during the summer vacation. Each session is 2 hours long. The Tech stop will run for nine weeks from June 25 – August 25.
Tech Stop Crew Applications will be accepted online starting from March 29. The Tech Stop will only be at our Central Branch and East Columbia Branch locations.
At the Central branch, the Tech Stop hours will be Mondays and Thursdays from 11 am – 2 pm.
At the East Columbia branch, the Tech Stop hours will be Wednesdays from 4 – 6 pm, and Saturdays from 11 am – 3 pm.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering. Online applications open on March 29th, 2018.