The Friends & Foundation represents more than 2,000 donors who declare through their contributions how much they value what Howard County Library System provides to all in our community. These donors are committed to raising the standard of excellence of our library system. Private support strengthens the Library’s capacity to innovate and pilot new initiatives and expand proven, high impact initiatives like Battle of the Books and Summer Reading Clubs.
There are many benefits to being a donor to the Friends & Foundation. In addition to a tax deduction since the Friends & Foundation is a 501 (c) (3), donors receive various benefits corresponding to their donation level. These include an e-newsletter about HCLS happenings, advance notice of author and other special events, a commemorative bookplate, and complimentary tickets to a fundraiser or signature event.
Friends and Foundation of Howard County Library System is a nonprofit organization that supports HCLS in its mission to deliver high quality education for all ages. Specifically, we support:
- Battle of the Books
- HCLS Spelling Bee
- HCLS BumbleBee
- Choose Civility
- Notable Author Events
- HCLS Project Literary Graduation
- Rube Goldberg Challenge
- Summer Ready Kickoff and Clubs
- Children’s Discovery Fair
- Teen Time
- Online Homework Assistance
- Enchanted Garden
- Family Movie Nights
How Can I Become Part of the Friends & Foundation?
The Friends & Foundation of HCLS’ Board of Directors encourages you to join them in one or more of the following ways:
- As a Donor – give to the Friends & Foundation annually or to the endowment
- As a Volunteer – volunteer at a number of Friends & Foundation sponsored events.
- As an Event Participant – join us at Friends & Foundation happy hours and other sponsored events.
- Leave a Legacy – through your estate-planning giving through bequests