Why Donate to the Friends & Foundation of HCLS?
Friends & Foundation donors make a real difference!
As a donor, you’re supporting meaningful educational opportunities that HCLS would not otherwise be able to offer. This innovative curriculum contributes to our top national ranking. Friends & Foundation of HCLS supports the three pillars of HCLS’ educational mission – Self-DirectF(465ed Education, Research Assistance & Instruction, and Instructive & Enlightening Experiences – through powerful advocacy and financial support.
Benefits of Being a Donor to the Friends & Foundation:
You receive advance notice of special events, commemorative book plates, complimentary tickets to signature events, and more!
Who Can Donate?
Well, anyone can! Whether you’re an individual who wants to support HCLS’ educational initiatives, a couple or family that wants to be up-to-date on the Library’s special activities, a nonprofit or foundation that wants to support the HCLS’ many initiatives, or a local business or corporation that is interested in making a philanthropic impact on education in Howard County – there’s a donor engagement level that’s right for you! Different donor levels offer different benefits and opportunities for recognition.
Where Can I Donate:
You can donate to the Friends & Foundation annually, and you can help support our endowment to ensure that the Friends & Foundation has money to support HCLS in perpetuity!
Friends & Foundation Annual Gift Giving Opportunities:
- $35 –Friend: receive subscription to HCLS’ e-newsletter and the HCLS Gift Giving Guide for Children and Teens
- $60 –Good Friend: above PLUS a subscription* to source, the quarterly classes and events guide, and advance notice of notable author events
- $120 –Dear Friend: above PLUS commemorative book plate in abook in HCLS’ collectiono
- $250 –Great Friend: above PLUS a reserved seat at notable author events, and a reusable tote bag
- $500 –Best Friend: above PLUS two complimentary tickets to Evening in the Stacks.
Businesses, Corporations, Foundations, Nonprofits:
$1,000 –Corporate Friend
- Logo and name recognition in coordination with a sponsored event or initiative (if applicable)
- Recognition in HCLS’ annual report, published donor listings, web site, and source, the quarterly classes and events guide
- Personalized membership certificate
- Subscription to e-newsletter
- Subscription to source (quarterly classes and events guide)
- Volunteer opportunities for employees
$2,500 –Corporate Supporter– benefits above, plus
- Framed membership certificate
- Preview of select silent auction items for signature fundraising events
$5,000 –Corporate Champion– benefits above, plus
- Recognition on the Giving Tree at Central Branch
- Annual donor highlight feature on e-newsletter or HCLS podcast, Hi Jinx
- Reserved seats at notable author events for up to six employees
Friends & Foundation Endowment
The Friends & Foundation Endowment is held at the Community Foundation of Howard County, a long-standing community funder. The endowment allows us to use a portion of the assets each year, and leave the rest to grow in perpetuity, so we can ensure that the Friends & Foundation will be able to fund HCLS initiatives far into the future.
Interested in learning more? Please contact Rita Hamlet at: [email protected]
How to Donate:
ONLINE: JOIN NOW
BY PHONE: Call Rita Hamlet, Development Specialist, at 410.313.7799
BY EMAIL: Contact Rita Hamlet at: [email protected]
BY MAIL: PRINT this Membership Form and mail with your check to Friends of Howard County Library System | 9411 Frederick Road | Ellicott City, MD 21042