HCLS currently offers contactless pick-up for customers wishing to borrow HCLS materials for their book clubs. In order to make contactless pick-up work for everyone, we have temporarily suspended our courtesy service of putting books on hold for Community Book Clubs. We ask instead that book club members put a hold on the materials they wish to check out using their personal cards. When your hold is ready to be picked up, you will receive an email with instructions on how to schedule a contactless pick-up appointment. Learn more about contactless pick-up here.
Register your book club with Howard County Library System and HCLS instructors can assist with title selection, gathering books, and even tips on getting started or maintaining a club. Click on the links below to find more information on registering your book club with HCLS, contact one of the book club coordinators directly, or e-mail general questions/suggestions to Book Club.
For assistance with children’s book clubs, please contact your local branch’s Children’s Instruction & Research Supervisor. For assistance with young adult book clubs, please contact your local branch’s Teens’ Instructor & Research Specialist.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Tips for Book Clubs
- Register Your Book Club
- Request Titles for Your Book Club
- Beth Haynes Phone: 410-313-7815
East Columbia Branch:
- Aimee Zuccarini Phone: 410-313-7700 or 410-313-7800
- Jennifer Lester Phone: 410-313-5077
- Michele Happel Phone: 410-313-1973
- Cynthia Cedeno Phone: 410-313-1967
- Piyali Callahan Phone: 410-313-1997
- Peter Nguyen Phone: 410-313-1992
- Megan Royden Phone: 410-313-1983
- Robert Bates Phone: 410-313-5577
- Jessica Seipel Phone: 410-313-0758