If HCLS does not own a specific item, it may be requested via Marina. Marina is the statewide method of requesting items from other libraries.
You may only request materials in Marina with the status of requestable.
- Materials not yet published or published less than six months ago are considered too new to request.
- If you would like HCLS to consider adding a new title to its collection, please complete this form.
- Some libraries do not lend CDs and DVDs and may have other policies that prevent requests. These materials will have the status of unrequestable.
- Items with the requestable status may take up to two weeks to arrive at the HCLS branch that you designate as your pick up location. These materials can be borrowed for three weeks and will automatically renew one time for an additional three weeks.
For unrequestable materials and materials not owned by any Marina library, you have the option to complete a form in Marina that initiates a search of academic and public libraries through out the United States by the Interlibrary Loan Department of HCLS. Some libraries may charge borrowing fees.
- Please note on the form the maximum cost ($5 and up) you are willing to pay. Fees maybe payable at the time of pick up, if not then you will be invoiced at a later date.
- It may take longer than two weeks for these materials to arrive depending on availability and delivery methods.
- Lending libraries determine the length of time their materials can be borrowed. Loan periods will vary among lending libraries and may even be shorter or longer than 21 days.
- These materials can not be renewed.
An HCLS card is needed to request and borrow items through Marina. A+ Educator cards may not be used.
If you have any questions about Marina, please contact [email protected].