Satellite Collections are a special organizational loaning arrangement at Howard County Library System (HCLS). Any organization in Howard County that serves seniors, children, or individuals with special needs, including family child care homes, are eligible.
Satellite Collections are designed to make library materials more easily accessible to your organization by:
- Providing your organization with a library card
- Providing an extended loan period for HCLS materials checked out on the organization library card
- Providing an increased number of HCLS items available for checkout
- Providing an assigned HCLS staff member to work with your organization to provide enhanced communication, a rotating assortment of HCLS materials for checkout, pre-selection of materials, and updates on HCLS events.
For Seniors or Individuals with Disabilities
Organizations that serve seniors or individuals with disabilities contact:
Cherise Tasker at [email protected]
The Satellite Collection Child Care Card gives any organization in Howard County which serves children the following borrowing privileges:
- Most materials may be borrowed for 42 days. Fiction DVDs may be borrowed for seven days.
- The organization may borrow up to 50 items per pickup. However, there is a limit of 10 DVDs per visit.
- A maximum of 100 items may be on loan to the organization at any one time.
- Replacement cost for lost items will be charged.
- Materials may be renewed once ,if they are not reserved for someone else.
Organizations that serve children may fill out the form online. A liaison from the loaning library will inform the primary contact when the Satellite Collection Child Care Card is ready.