- Find out what services are available for non-library book clubs.
- Howard County Library System branches are in beautiful cherry-blossom bloom each spring, thanks to Blossoms of Hope.
- Learn about the Library’s A+ Partners in Education initiative with the Howard County Public School System and Howard Community College.
For a Healthy Community
- Get Well and Wise with the health education partnership led by Howard County Library System and Howard County General Hospital: A Member of Johns Hopkins Medicine.
- Read about Choose Civility, a countywide initiative involving more than 100 Alliance Partners working together to enhance the quality of life and emphasize the importance of civility for all who live and work in Howard County.
- Adjacent to the Miller Branch, the Enchanted Garden is a sustainable, community-based teaching garden that focuses on health, nutrition, and environmental education
- Visit the Farmers’ Markets at the East Columbia, Glenwood, and Miller Branches.
Adult Basic Education and Instruction for New Americans
- HCLS Project Literacy teaches basic reading, writing, and math skills to adults.
- Cultural Connections embraces and celebrates the many diverse facets of our community through instructive and enlightening experiences.