Saturday, February 27 | 7 – 11 pm | HCLS Miller Branch & Historical Center
Join us for a fun-filled affair as HCLS celebrates all that is Maryland with a BLACK-EYED SUSAN BALL!
- PURCHASE TICKETS
- BRANCH RAFFLES ARE NOW UNDERWAY! Visit any HCLS branch location to purchase your raffle tickets then enter to win the branch’s specialty themed basket, two tickets to Evening in the Stacks, or the grand prize of an iPad Pro Tablet. Raffle tickets for the grand prize only may be purchased here. Deadline for entries is February 12. Winners will be announced February 19.
- Proceeds from Evening in the Stacks benefit such signature initiatives as Battle of the Books.
About the event
- Meet chef, television host, and author John Shields. The owner of the celebrated Gertrudes’s Restaurant at the BMA, Chef Shields will talk about his 25th Anniversary Edition of Chesapeake Bay Cooking and treat the audience to a live cooking demonstration featuring Pauleen’s Seafood Gumbo, just one of the recipes found in his cookbook. Books available for purchase and signing.
- Dance to live music by Junkyard Saints
- Bid on a multitude of silent auction items
- Savor a multitude of specialty menu items prepared by Zeffert & Gold including fresh shucked oysters, Lombard Street Corned Beef, and famous Flowermart lemons with peppermint sticks.
- Beer, wine and signature “Black-Eyed Susan” cocktails by The Wine Bin.
- Cocktail attire. Black tie optional.
- Ilana Bittner, Pixel Workshop
- Krysta Huxford, Davis, Agnor, Rappaport & Skalny
- Leonardo McClarty, Howard County Chamber of Commerce
- Todd Olson, Columbia Festival of the Arts
- Buffy Beaudoin-Schwartz, Philanthropy Advisor
- Brian Walter, M&T Bank
- Evening in the Stacks is Howard County’s signature winter event. Each year more than 600 influential members of the community gather here to celebrate the nationally acclaimed, award-winning Howard County Library System. The beautiful venue and well attended event provide a highly visible opportunity to showcase your organization’s support of HCLS’ mission to deliver high quality education for all.
- Sponsorship packages range from $15,000 to $500, and include tickets plus an array of recognition opportunities.
- Sponsorship Levels and Benefits
- Online sponsorship form
Proceeds from Evening in the Stacks benefit such signature initiatives as Battle of the Books.