READ: At annual library fundraiser, an international flair (The Baltimore Sun: 2.16.2017)
Howard County Library System (HCLS) celebrates cultures of the world and the diversity of our community at the 2017 Evening in the Stacks: An International Affair. This year’s glamorous night of colorful entertainment and enlightening insights features an intriguing conversation with author Nadia Hashimi. Ms. Hashimi will discuss her international bestselling work, The Pearl That Broke Its Shell along with her other novels set in Afghanistan, including her newest book A House Without Windows.
Saturday, February 25, 2017
7 to 11 pm | HCLS Charles E. Miller Branch & Historical Center
PURCHASE TICKETS! $150 each
- Red carpet welcome
- Dancing and LIVE music by JUNKYARD SAINTS
- Cultural entertainment throughout the evening featuring:
Jow Ga Martial Arts : Lion Dancers
Arte Flamenco de Natalia Monteleon : Flamenco Dancers
Kwame Ansah-Brew : African Drummer
- Special surprise appearances by cultural icons : courtesy Drama Learning Center | Red Branch Theater
- SILENT AUCTION packages
- Chincoteague Vacation: One week stay in house that sleeps 8.
- Four tickets to a concert at Merriweather Post Pavilion
- Orioles Package: 5 tickets for club-level seats at Sun, July 2 game against Tampa Bay Rays, plus baseball signed by Mychal Givens, and other team merchandise
- Wine in the Woods basket: includes 2 tickets to event, glasses, and other merchandise
- Curated personal book collection: Let the Library shop for you. You will receive $500 collection of books, curated to your reading tastes and interests.
- AND MUCH MORE!
- Delicious selection of internationally themed food
- Global hors d’oeuvres, beers and wines
- Middle Eastern Bazaar with falafel, baba ganoush, Israeli salad and more
- South American Grill with roasted turkey, and southwestern marinated flank steak and more
- Royal Tai Table with both vegetarian, and chicken with shrimp stir frys, and more
- Ice Cream Sundae Bar and French pasteries
- SURPRISE SIGNATURE COCKTAILS by The Wine Bin
- International wine tastings
Evening in the Stacks is Howard County’s signature winter event. Each year more than 600 influential members of the community gather at this fundraising gala to celebrate the nationally acclaimed, award-winning Howard County Library System. The beautiful venue and well attended event provide a highly visible opportunity to showcase your organization’s support of HCLS’ mission to deliver high quality education for all.
- Sponsorship packages range from $15,000 to $500, and include tickets plus an array of recognition opportunities.
- Sponsorship Levels and Benefits
- Online sponsorship form
Proceeds from Evening in the Stacks benefit such signature initiatives as Battle of the Books.