**The Glenwood Branch is currently undergoing a minor renovation (see details below). Passport services suspended until further notice. The branch is expected to reopen this fall.**
Now offering in-person Children’s classes
For contactless pickup of holds, follow the signs to the meeting room. The new hours are: M – Th 10 am – 9 pm | F – Sat 10 am – 6 pm | Sun 1 – 5 pm
Questions? Call 410.313.5577 during the hours noted above.
The Glenwood Branch is currently undergoing a minor renovation to update the 21-year-old building. The project incorporates a number of ideas and requests from the community, gathered through dream sessions in 2019. The renovation includes:
- Two new multi-use studios, enabling HCLS instructors to teach more classes for all ages, and giving the community more space for public meetings.
- Refreshed children and teen areas with new seating and new children’s information desk.
- New customer service and self-service areas, enabling customers to pick up their own holds.
- New passport office for greater confidentiality.
- Renovated vending café area in a new central location, serving as a snack area and social space.
The $630,000 project is anticipated to be completed by Fall 2021. The project is currently experiencing delays due to nationwide supply shortages and construction-related delays.
HCLS Glenwood Branch opened in 2000. The award-winning architectural design houses a large collection of materials, accommodates numerous computer workstations, and includes a children’s classroom and multi-purpose meeting room. The interior design of the building reflects the area’s agricultural heritage in many ways, including the popular “Story Barn” for preschool classes. The Glenwood Branch is adjacent to the Gary J. Arthur Community Center at Glenwood and the Western Regional Park.
This location features computers available for public use, all of which include Internet access and word processing software.
A CHILDREN’S CLASS : A simple, visual preparation tool to guide expectations for children 5 and under.