**Passport services suspended until further notice.**
Glenwood Branch contactless pickup hours and location have changed due to renovation-related demolition and construction work. For contactless pickup of holds and Bundle Bags, follow the signs to the meeting room. The new hours are: Mon – Sat 2 – 6 pm, Thurs 2 – 8 pm
Questions? Call 410.313.5577 during the hours noted above.
HCLS Glenwood Branch opened in 2000. The award-winning architectural design houses a large collection of materials, accommodates numerous computer workstations, and includes a children’s classroom and multi-purpose meeting room. The interior design of the building reflects the area’s agricultural heritage in many ways, including the popular “Story Barn” for preschool classes. The Glenwood Branch is adjacent to the Gary J. Arthur Community Center at Glenwood and the Western Regional Park.
This location features 47 computers available for public use, all of which include Internet access and word processing software.
A CHILDREN’S CLASS : A simple, visual preparation tool to guide expectations for children 5 and under.
Beginning this fall, the Glenwood Branch will undergo a minor renovation to update the 21-year-old building. The project incorporates a number of ideas and requests from the community, gathered through dream sessions last year. The renovation includes:
- New STEM classroom for classes on such topics as computer programming, chemistry, and biology.
- New multi-use classroom and meeting space, enabling HCLS instructors to teach more classes for all ages, and giving the community more space for public meetings.
- Refreshed children and teen areas with new seating and new children’s information desk.
- New customer service and self-service areas, enabling customers to pick up their own holds.
- New passport office for greater confidentiality.
- Renovated vending café area in a new central location, serving as a snack area and social space for families and friends.
The $630,000 project is anticipated to be completed by Summer 2021. Construction will begin in January. Visit hclibrary.org for updates.