DIY items can be returned to the Elkridge Branch DIY side entrance (no appointment necessary).
The DIY Education Center features a borrowing collection of tools and classes for children, teens, and adults in the following categories:
The DIY Education Center includes:
- DIY Collection: Small tools for home projects, bicycle repair kits, etc.
- DIY classes for students of all ages
- DIY Studio: A “mess-friendly” classroom and workspace
For inquiries, please call the DIY Center at 410-313-5075.
To borrow from the DIY collection, you must apply for and obtain a DIY Library Card.
- Anyone 21 or older who lives, works, or attends school in Maryland may apply for an HCLS DIY library card by calling the HCLS Elkridge Branch at 410-313-5075.
- The DIY library card may only be used to borrow materials from the DIY Education Center. You must use a standard HCLS library card to borrow other items.
- The DIY library card expires in one year from the date of issue.
- A liability waiver and release must be signed as part of the application.
- DIY Education Center – Standard Waiver Form
- DIY Education Center – Class Waiver Form
Limits, Loan Period & Fines
- The loan period for items from the DIY collection is seven days.
- You may borrow up to 12 items each visit, with a maximum of 24 items from this collection checked out on one card.
- Items from the DIY collection may not be renewed.
- The daily fine (charge per day per item) for materials from the DIY collection: $2. Seniors (65+) pay half the fines on all overdue materials.
Lost & Damaged
- DIY materials are to be returned in the condition in which they were borrowed.
- The full replacement cost and a processing fee will be charged for each item lost, damaged, or stolen.
- Replacement of lost or damaged materials from the DIY Education Center collection are not accepted.
- DIY items can be returned to the Elkridge Branch DIY side entrance (no appointment necessary).
- DIY Education Center materials MAY NOT be returned to any HCLS book drop, any other HCLS branch, or other library systems in Maryland.
- You may not reserve any materials from the DIY Education Center collection via hclibrary.org.
- You may call the DIY Education Center to check on the availability of materials.
- Available materials can be held until the close of business the following day.
- Reserved materials may not be sent to other HCLS branches.
- Materials from the DIY Education Center collection may not be renewed.