Improving the quality of life for individuals in the community through education is a key component of the HCLS curriculum. Working in tandem with community organizations to help fulfill their mission is another way HCLS delivers education for all. Our partnerships promote community and learning in a variety of ways
- Find out what services are available for Community Book Clubs
- Get Well and Wise with this health education partnership led by Howard County Library System and Howard County General Hospital: A Member of Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Read about Choose Civility, a countywide initiative involving nearly 100 Alliance Partners working together to enhance the quality of life and emphasize the importance of civility for all who live and work in Howard County
- Adjacent to the Miller Branch, the Enchanted Garden is a sustainable, community-based teaching garden that focuses on health, nutrition, and environmental education
- HCLS Project Literacy teaches basic reading, writing, and math skills to adults
- Howard County Library System’s East Columbia and Glenwood Branches accept passport applications on behalf of the U.S. Department of State.