On-site Express Branch OPEN while Branch is closed for renovation
Branch Manager: Suki Lee
Branch (and Express Branch) Location: 6600 Cradlerock Way, Columbia, MD 21045, (410) 313-7700 (MAP)
Express Branch Hours: Mon – Thu 10 am – 9 pm | Fri – Sat 10 am – 6 pm | Sun 1 pm – 5 pm
The East Columbia Branch renovations will double the space for quiet study areas (3 rooms to 6), and triple the meeting room capacity. The new teen center will include classrooms for Teen Time, HiTech and Homework Club, as well as a science lab and virtual reality(VR) cave. A Student Design Center features dedicated space, complete with work counters and readily available project supplies where students can create and collaborate on assignments and projects).
- Branch closed: January 15, 2017
- On-site Express Branch opened: January 18, 2017
- Grand re-opening: January 27, 2018*
*subject to change
Building Project Update
- While the East Columbia Branch is closed, visit the East Columbia Express Branch, located in the parking lot of the current branch.
- The 3,072 sq. ft. Express Branch features a small browsing collection, limited number of public computers, passport office, and two classrooms.
- A limited number of classes for children and teens are offered at the Express Branch.
Located on Cradlerock Way in the Village of Owen Brown, the HCLS East Columbia Branch is the recipient of Honor Awards for Architectural Excellence from both the Potomac Valley Chapter and the Maryland Society of the American Institute of Architects. This HCLS branch opened in August 1994.
The East Columbia Branch features 60 computers available to the public. All computers have Internet and word processing capabilities.