HCLS Elkridge Branch is now closed for construction.
HCLS Elkridge Express Branch Now Open
7071 Montgomery Road, Elkridge
The interim Elkridge Express Branch is 2,304 sq. ft. and features a small browsing collection, nine public computers, and a children’s classroom that can accommodate up to 15 people.
- HCLS Elkridge Express Branch (near Elkridge Landing Middle School)
7071 Montgomery Road
Elkridge, MD 21075
- M – Th 10 am – 9 pm | F – Sat 10 am – 6 pm | Sun 1 pm – 5 pm
NEW HCLS Elkridge Branch + DIY Education Center
Building Project Update:
- June 1: Branch closed
- June 30: Costello Construction awarded a $16.2 million competitive bid contract to build the new HCLS Elkridge Branch + DIY Education Center and 50+ Center
- August 27, 2016 : Interim Express Branch opened
- September 2016: Construction on the new Elkridge campus, to be named in memory of former Howard County Executive Charles I. “Chuck” Ecker, began
- March 2018*: Grand Opening
*subject to change
Exciting times are on the horizon for Elkridge! In September 2014, two community “dream” sessions brought insight to HCLS and Grimm + Parker Architects as planning for the new HCLS Elkridge Branch began. These initial community conversations started the process of envisioning a 21st century education center that delivers an extraordinary curriculum to the Elkridge community and beyond.
More than doubling in space, the new branch will feature six quiet/group study rooms, three meeting rooms, a cafe, a business center, more computers, and expanded collection. In addition, the DIY Education Center will include a DIY collection (e.g., tools for household repair, gardening, bike repair) available for borrowing, a Design Institute with classes for all ages (e.g., It’s a Fine Line: Caulking 101, Birdhouse Building), a Design Studio (a mess-friendly classroom and work space), and a Design Institute (a series of DIY classes for students of all ages).