The registration for Battle of the Books 2019 has closed. Thank you for your support!
Presented by : Josephine B. Scheffenknacker Education Trust
Sponsored by : Frank and Yolanda Bruno Fund, Friends & Foundation of Howard County Library System, Howard County Public School System, and M&T Bank.
Important dates for the 2019 competition
- Informational Meeting: October 18, 2018 and October 22, 2018 at 7pm at HCLS Miller Branch
- The registration for Battle of the Books 2019 has closed. Thank you for your support!
- Mandatory coach meetings: Three options all taking place at HCLS Miller Branch – November 28, 2018 @ 7 pm, OR November 29, 2018 @ 7-8:30 pm OR December 1, 2018 @ 11 am-12:30 pm. Each team’s set of books will be distributed at the mandatory coach meeting they attend.
- Mandatory logistics meetings: Three options – March 11, 12, OR March 14, 2019, 7-8:30 pm at HCLS Miller Branch.
- Last Day to Change Team Info & Permission Forms Due: February 8, 2019.
- Battle of the Book Contest: Friday, April 5, 2019, 7pm at various high schools.
BOB Permission Forms
Once a team’s registration has been accepted, each coach and student member of the team must fill out the appropriate two-sided form to participate in Battle of the Books. The deadline to return forms is February 8, 2019.
- 2019 Battle of the Books Coaches Handbook
- Rules and Procedures
- Information for coaches
- Sample Questions
- Sample Answer Card
- Frequently Asked Questions
If you still have questions, email Battle of the Books
2019 BOB Book List
A+ Partners in Education is licensed by Howard County Library System (MD) under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Please let us know when you launch your A+ initiative so we may link to your web site