Presented by : Josephine B. Scheffenknacker Education Trust
Sponsored by : Frank and Yolanda Bruno Fund, Friends & Foundation of Howard County Library System, Howard County Public School System, and M&T Bank.
Important dates for the 2019 competition
- Informational Meeting: October 18, 2018 and October 22, 2018 at 7pm at HCLS Miller Branch (410-313-7750)
- Online Registration:
- SPACE IS LIMITED. Registration begins October 19 at 10 am and will remain open until capacity is reached or until registration closes on November 2 at 11:59 pm, whichever comes first.
- To register, you need a team name, plus names and contact information for coaches and each of the five student members. Your team registration will only be accepted, if you register five students.
- Team notifications will occur on Monday, November 5.
- Mandatory coach meetings: Three options all taking place at HCLS Miller Branch (410-313-7750) – November 28, 2018 @ 7 pm, OR November 29, 2018 @ 7-8:30 pm OR December 1, 2018 @ 11 am-12:30 pm. Each team’s set of books will be distributed at the mandatory coach meeting they attend.
- Mandatory logistics meetings: Three options – March 11, 12, OR March 14, 2019, 7-8:30 pm at HCLS Miller Branch (410-313-7750).
- Last Day to Change Team Info & Permission Forms Due: February 8, 2019.
- Battle of the Book Contest: Friday, April 5, 2019, 7pm at various high schools.
BOB Permission Forms
Once a team’s registration has been accepted, each coach and student member of the team must fill out the appropriate two-sided form to participate in Battle of the Books. Forms for teams to download and fill out will be posted after December 3. The deadline to return forms is February 8, 2019.
- 2019 Battle of the Books Coach Handbook
- Rules and Procedures
- Information for coaches
- Sample Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions
If you still have questions, email Battle of the Books
2019 BOB Book List
A+ Partners in Education is licensed by Howard County Library System (MD) under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Please let us know when you launch your A+ initiative so we may link to your web site