More than 300 six-week career education courses, now online, including:
- Courses to support business professionals, such as business law, human resources, management, manufacturing, and marketing.
- Computer and technology courses that suit skill levels from beginner to advanced.
- Courses in parenting, the arts, hobbies.
- A multitude of health and wellness offerings.
- Find out what services are available for non-Library book clubs.
- Howard County Library System branches are in beautiful cherry-blossom bloom each spring, thanks to Howard County Tourism’s Blossoms of Hope project.
- Visit the Farmers’ Markets at the Miller and East Columbia branches on Wednesday and Thursdays.
- The Howard County Book Connection, a joint initiative between HCLS and Howard Community College, seeks to connect our community through shared learning experiences that promote productive dialogue, critical thinking, and intellectual enrichment.
- Learn about the Library’s A+ Partners in Education initiative with the Howard County Public School System and Howard Community College.
For a Healthy Community
- Get Well and Wise with a new health education partnership led by Howard County Library System and Howard County General Hospital: A Member of Johns Hopkins Medicine.
- Read about Choose Civility, a countywide initiative involving nearly 100 Alliance Partners working together to enhance the quality of life and emphasize the importance of civility for all who live and work in Howard County.
- Check out the Library’s Financial Literacy resources and information about Foundations and Grants.
- Find information about numerous health-related topics in the Library’s Health Education Center.
- Adjacent to the new Miller Branch, the Enchanted Garden is a sustainable, community-based teaching garden that focuses on health, nutrition, and environmental education.
- Volunteers play an integral role by providing valuable services to assist both the staff and the public.
- Friends of Howard County Library is a nonprofit advocacy group that supports Howard County Library System in its mission to deliver high-quality public education for all ages.
- Tell your personal history or help collect the shared memory of our county by participating in This Is Your Life.
Adult Basic Education and Instruction for New Americans
- HCLS Project Literacy teaches basic reading, writing, and math skills to adults.
- Cultural Connections
- Howard County Library System’s East Columbia Branch accepts passport applications on behalf of the U.S. Department of State.
- Girl Scouts of Central Maryland
- HC DrugFree
- Howard County Autism Society
- Howard County Government
Fiscal Year 2016 Howard County Capital Budget as Presented to the Planning Board The Planning Board will consider testimony at a public hearing in preparing its comments and recommendations on the requests for new and substantially modified capital projects to be included in the County Executive’s Proposed FY2016 Capital Improvement Program and the FY2017-2025 Ten Year Capital Improvement Master Plan as presented to the Planning Board. The hearing is scheduled for February 26, 2015 at 5:30 PM in the Banneker Room of the George Howard Building located at 3430 Courthouse Drive, Ellicott City, MD 21043. The proposed budget document can be found via a link on the Planning Board webpage. The link to that webpage is provided above. For more information please contact the Department of Planning and Zoning at 410-313-2350.
- Howard County Tourism
- Howard County Department of Planning and Zoning