- Find out what services are available for non-library book clubs.
- Howard County Library System branches are in beautiful cherry-blossom bloom each spring, thanks to Blossoms of Hope.
- Visit the Farmers’ Markets at the East Columbia, Glenwood, and Miller Branches.
- The Howard County Book Connection, a joint initiative between HCLS and Howard Community College, seeks to connect our community through shared learning experiences that promote productive dialogue, critical thinking, and intellectual enrichment.
- Learn about the Library’s A+ Partners in Education initiative with the Howard County Public School System and Howard Community College.
For a Healthy Community
- Get Well and Wise with the health education partnership led by Howard County Library System and Howard County General Hospital: A Member of Johns Hopkins Medicine.
- Read about Choose Civility, a countywide initiative involving more than 100 Alliance Partners working together to enhance the quality of life and emphasize the importance of civility for all who live and work in Howard County.
- Check out HCLS’ Financial Literacy tools and information about Foundations and Grants.
- Find information about numerous health-related topics in HCLS’ Health Education Center.
- Adjacent to the Miller Branch, the Enchanted Garden is a sustainable, community-based teaching garden that focuses on health, nutrition, and environmental education.
Adult Basic Education and Instruction for New Americans
- HCLS Project Literacy teaches basic reading, writing, and math skills to adults.
- Cultural Connections