Beginning Monday, August 30
Howard County Library System hours are expanding. New hours will be:
- Monday – Thursday: 10 am – 9 pm
- Friday – Saturday: 10 am – 6 pm
- Sunday: 1 – 5 pm (beginning September 12)
Also beginning August 30:
- Please check out your reserve items at the Customer Service Desk, self-checkout machines, or on your smart phone via our HCLS CheckItOut app. Contactless pickup remains in place at the Glenwood Branch.
- Meeting and study rooms will reopen for public use. Both types of rooms will be available via an online reservation system beginning August 30.
- Bundle bags will no longer be available. Need ideas? Our team is always happy to give suggestions. Call your branch or email [email protected]
Remember, masks are required inside all branches in accordance with latest guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and the County Executive’s directive that all staff and members of the public are required to wear masks inside County buildings (including libraries).
As always, check out our classes and events for opportunities online, on demand, or in-person. Visit hclibrary.org for the most up to date schedule.
Due to construction, the Glenwood Branch building is open for contactless pickup only.
- NEW! Meeting and Study rooms by reservation
- NEW! Borrow from our Toy Collection
- Access public computers
- Browse the shelves
- Check out your own items using self-checkout machines or our new HCLS CheckItOut app
- Download the app on the Apple Store or Google Play
- Borrow tools and other items from the DIY Center at the Elkridge Branch
- Borrow framed prints and photographs from the Art Education Collection at the Central Branch
- Print, copy, scan, and fax
- Ask staff for in-person assistance finding materials or other resources
- Walk-in passport services are only available at the East Columbia Branch. No appointment needed
Services not yet available
- Donations of books and other materials
- Proctoring for exams