Resources for Parents
- Tips for Supporting Instruction at Home – Howard County Public School System provides tips and suggestions for transitioning to a home-based learning environment.
- Parent Tips and Tricks for Distance Learning – Help parents and caregivers keep kids focused, interested, and balanced while learning from home.
- WideOpenSchool for parents (powered by Common Sense Media) – resources include, but not limited to: Back to school guides, daily schedules, content area activities and lessons, and virtual field trips for Preschool, Grades K-2, Grades 3-5, Grades 6-8, and Grades 9-12.
- Learning Heroes – According to research, there’s a big gap between what parents think about their child’s grade level progress vs. how their child is actually doing. This site focuses on helping you get the accurate picture you need and deserve so you can best support learning at home.
- National PTA – This site features a wealth of resources to empower and support parents.
- Common Sense Media – Since 2003, this site has been the leading independent source for media recommendations and advice for families.