Want a Seat on the A+ Bus? Give “Hi” a Try!
Planning for a big research project?
- ARTEMIS LITERARY SOURCES : Find biographies, reviews, literary criticism, primary sources, and topic overviews.
- EXPLORA FOR PUBLIC LIBRARIES (high school): Conduct research via reputable articles, essays, and primary source documents on topics ranging from arts and literature to science and math.
- EXPLORA FOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS (middle school) : Research art and literature, biography, business and government, current issues, geography, health, history, and science and math using popular magazines, nonfiction eBooks, biographies, primary source documents, and newspapers.
- LITFINDER : Find more than 145,000 poems, short stories, essays, speeches, and plays representing the work of more than 79,000 authors.
- MANGO : Engage in fun conversational online lessons in more than 70 languages.
- NOVELIST (teens & adults) : Find books of interest by searching for favorite authors or genres. Read book reviews and see best-of- lists.
- PRONUNCIATOR : Learn 80 languages in any of 50 languages. For example, a native French speaker can learn Chinese in French. Also include ESL for 50 non-English languages plus a comprehensive citizenship prep course.
- ROSETTA STONE ONLINE : Select from 30 languages structured around core lessons in reading, writing, speaking, and listening. Microphone required for speaking lessons.
- SCIENCE REFERENCE CENTER : Find books, essays, reports and magazines on topics such as biology, chemistry, physics, and wildlife.
Do you love reading or science or both?
- BEANSTACK : Enroll to receive weekly book recommendations via email, tailored to your reading level and interests.
- NOVELIST K-8 : Browse book lists by genre, discover read-alikes, and see award winners.
- SCIENCEFLIX (grades 4 – 9) : Choose a topic, watch streaming videos, read or listen to more description, explore more links, visit the online science lab, show what you learned, then explore careers.
- TUMBLEBOOK CLOUD : More than 600 titles including a vast array of teen novels, classics, poetry, short stories, audiobooks, graphic novels, and world-class educational videos from National Geographic.
Want to learn more about a subject? Delve deep into the subjects that matter most to you including music, crafts & hobbies, business, and software.
- ARTISTWORKS : Learn an instrument, vocal techniques, or art skills from award-winning teachers with self-paced online video classes. Includes traditional instruments such as piano and guitar, as well as less common ones such as mandolin and ukulele.
- GALE COURSES : Explore more than 300 six-week structured online classes on topics ranging from business to hobbies. Take quizzes and complete exercises to reinforce the material.
- HOBBIES & CRAFTS REFERENCE CENTER : Includes detailed how-to instructions and creative ideas to meet the interests of virtually every hobby enthusiast. Perfect for theater and arts projects.
- LYNDA.COM : More than 3,600 streaming video tutorials taught by experts on technical skills, creative techniques, and business strategies, from design and IT to 3D and animation.